Sunday, January 22, 2017

Time Strategies

Sweet Brown Knows the Struggle, MemeCenter

I used to be very good at time management, but since having Brianna, I feel like I always end up doing things at the last minute. I want that to change this semester though. I think that it will be very important for me to set aside specific blocks of time each day to work on my assignments. I am already on the right track with this class as we chose specific days to do our work, but I need something even more specific. I need specific hours to set aside for myself. This is advice that I took from the article "10 Entrepreneurs Share Their Secrets to Staying Focused". I am also going to try to take the advice from this article that explains the value of uninterrupted work. I really need to make this change in my study habits because trying to do school work while an eight month old is trying to help me is not working. I need to plan to do my work while Brianna is sleeping. The article "The Psychology of Checklists" was also helpful for me in that it shed light on why I get so much satisfaction from making and completing checklists. I will continue to use my lists, but I may look for an app that aids in my list-making to make it more convenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment