Sunday, January 22, 2017

Growth Mindset

Live Life the Kitten Away, growthmindsetmemes
I had never heard about this concept before, but I absolutely love it! To some degree, I already live by it, but I had never thought about incorporating it into other aspects of my life, like my relationships and motherhood. I am a very determined student and don't let challenge or failure get in my way, but I do get more discouraged by those two things in other aspects of my life. I could even apply this concept to things like diet and exercise. I generally pick things up quickly, so when something does not come naturally enough, my first instinct is to just give up. I rarely follow this instinct, but I would like to change my whole mindset so this thought does not even come to mind. If I welcome the challenge, I will not feel a need to run from it. I am very interested in learning more about the growth mindset and how to implement it in my daily life. I am more excited about my classes this semester than I have ever been before (mainly because I have finished all prerequisites and am onto electives), but I am excited to face each day with more enthusiasm and effort with the help of the growth mindset.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you just have electives now!! That's pretty fun, so I hope that you have a great semester that you enjoy! I like the mindset of welcoming challenges; that's a really strong way of approaching things and I admire you for it. I imagine that you have a lot to balance in your life, especially with motherhood, so I hope that you are able to use the growth mindset and learn lots from your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that meme - so cute and fun! I have a cat and he is too old to be playful anymore but that reminds me of a time where he was fearless and would not worry about making any mistakes. That is something that I need to remember going into the real world pretty soon – it’s so easy to get caught up on all the little things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growth Mindset is such an interesting topic. I've learned a lot from it by doing the different challenges each week. It's definitely something that you don't have to strictly apply to school related things. You can incorporate it into several aspects of your life. Hopefully motherhood is going great! That's definitely an area that growth mindset would be beneficial. Especially with the first child. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete