Monday, January 23, 2017

Reading Notes: Bible women, Part A

     I really loved the story of Sarah because her story portrays her as "real". Her unintentional laugh when hearing of her bearing a child in her old age is classic. I would like to use that in my story, showing each character's "realness," with little details like Sarah's laugh. It is always interesting to see a character's internal thoughts, and it is fun to have the characters express them, especially by accident. This makes the character more relatable and more likeable even, in my opinion anyway.
     The story of Rachel and Leah fascinates me. The jealousy between the two women is something that I can include in my story. Jealous women are automatically entertaining. Who doesn't love some drama? I would love to include some sassy dialogue between the two women in my story. It could especially be entertaining if the women were trying to mask their jealousy but just could not seem to tame it in their conversation.
     Leah's story seems so ridiculous to me, which means it will be a really fun one to write about! I want to have all of Jacob's offspring explaining their relation to each other to a visitor who does not know them. The children could do their best at explaining who shared just a dad and who shared both parents. The only girl could be a very fun character to play with, considering she has only brothers and a lot of them at that. They could also explain their different mothers' jealousy toward each other but from an innocent child's point-of-view. Perhaps I could have both the children and the mothers attempting to explain the connections. The children would explain parts of the story their way, and then the mothers would have to interject, explaining the story with more accuracy but also with less innocence.

 Jacob's Flight by von Carolsfield, mythfolklore

Stories of Women (Sarah, Rachel, and Leah) from the Bible, link to online source.

No comments:

Post a Comment