Friday, January 20, 2017

Reading Options

Bible Women
I am a Christian woman, but I am not proud to say that I really do not know many bible stories. I always love to hear bible stories for this reason. Plus I am particularly interested in the stories about women in the Bible because they teach me how to become a better Christian woman.

                                                     Genesis, UnearthingtheSpud

Adam and Eve
The creation story is fascinating to me. I am a science girl at heart, so the creation story always confuses me. I think it would be awesome to hear more details about the story and maybe these stories will answer some questions that I have in my head.

Congo
First of all, I saw 'fetishes' and 'magical powers', and I was already intrigued by this unit. How could one not be? I am particularly interested in Africa ever since I took a Globalizing Africa class my freshman year. It changed my perspective on the whole country and showed me how truly complex and dynamic it is. I have no idea what the stories could even possibly be like, but I really want to find out.

                                              Dancers in the Congo, Our-Africa

Inuit (Eskimo)
I think Eskimos are super cool, mainly because I am a big baby when it comes to the cold, so I don't know how they can live in that weather! In addition to this though, I am also super interested in paranormal activity. These stories sound awesome, and the fact that they are from the perspective of shamans makes them even cooler!

                                         Eskimo Shaman by Anne Wertheim, fineartamerica

No comments:

Post a Comment