Thursday, January 19, 2017

Storybook Favorites

FRIENDS: The One with All the Stories

                                                 FRIENDS, The One with All the Stories

The title was what caught my attention with this storybook. Friends has been my absolute favorite show since I was a young kid, so it definitely drew me in. I love the idea of Friends spinoff stories!The introduction made the storybook seem less appealing, but I think that is due to me being a Friends fanatic. I would have liked it if the style of writing had matched the script style of Friends, but it seemed to have a fairytale-like style instead. Also, it seemed pretty long to me, but I didn't need the information about the characters because I already knew what they were like. The design of the intro page was fine; but I think the picture could have depicted the storybook better. I do really like the overall design of the storybook though. It is very easy to navigate, and it uses a nice font. The title page is really cute. I would like to use pictures the way they are used here, breaking up the story and peaking the reader's interest on the home page.


Characters of Christmas

                                             Christmas Vacation, Characters of Christmas

I LOVE Christmas, so again, the title drew me in. I absolutely loved the video on the introduction page. That was a very cute idea, and I would like to incorporate a video in mine if possible. The picture at the bottom was also great, and I liked the inclusion of a video and a picture on the intro page together. The first person point of view in the intro was very intriguing to me, and something I would like to make work with mine. The overall design was lacking though; I want to use a larger font for the title and the links leading to my stories. the idea of using classic songs as the inspiration for the storybook was awesome.

Mean Girls Morals

                                                       Cady Heron, Mean Girls Morals

The title was interesting to me because I love the movie. After looking at my top three storybooks, I think that I favor pop culture references. There is no labelled intro, which was a little frustrating, but the titles of the stories are so clever! I do think more pictures could have been used in the stories, so I will try to include ample pictures in mine. I want to try to mimic the catchy titles in mine, too. Like the previous story, the font for the title and links were too small for me on this one, so I will avoid that.

No comments:

Post a Comment